Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Love 2014!

So far 2014 has been awesome. I guess the life of a seventh grader must go on. I've been kept busy since school started back up again. Just wish school allowed more time for spinning and knitting. Oh well. Recently I watched a video spinning on my Ashford Kiwi 2. She has great videos for beginners like me. I found her channel which you can find here.
Top Whorl Drop Spindle - SpindlePopI've also been considering adding another drop spindle to my collection. My mom thinks the idea is absurd but since she is not a fellow spinner she does not understand there are different wheels for different purposes and different drop spindles for different yarn weights. Here's a picture, it's so small it fits in a small M&M container. If you want one too the store is called Tilt A Whorl.
There were also these really cool spiky ones. I'm in spindle heaven! Ah. . . .


Sorry if this post is getting long but I've been reading some blogs like weekendknitter.com and crazyfiberlady.com/blog/ and I hate when they have short posts. 
Currently I've been making some Zig-to-the-Zag Socks which is a free pattern on Ravelry. I'm making another pair for, let's call her Awesome Girl. She doesn't have any fiber skills but she is still awesome.
They are so cute and can't wait until I finish! Squee! 
Here's a picture, not of the one's I'm making though because they don't even resemble socks yet.
 



Thanks for reading if you stuck around this long!
- SpinKnitLove12

No comments:

Post a Comment